Thursday, August 18, 2011

School is Cool

Hi, my name is Megan, and I am a school-a-holic :)

I confess, I love school, I love the start of a new school year, I love sharpened pencils, lined paper, sharp colored pencils, . . . .I could go on and on.

With 3 kids in school this year I knew I needed a plan on attack. Next week will begin the mountains of papers coming home in backpacks, hungry kids looking for a snack , and homework to be done.

Being severely outnumbered in the mom to kid ratio - here is my answer :)

I started with, of all things, a freestanding headboard with cubbies that we had sitting in the basement.

I got a bunch of 'homework supplies' on good sales this week, and vinyl labeled some canning jars . . . .

then the jars went into labeled baskets . . . .

Each school child has a backpack hook. . . .

There is a file box with - instead of printed tabs I used pictures . . .

There is a magnetic white board for reminders and notes to keep . . .

There is a board for the lunch plans . . .



There is a 'white board' so the kids know what their afternoon snack is . . . .
Just a fun sign

The 'plan' is that they can come home from school, hang up their packs, empty their lunch boxes, and put any papers from the packs in their file folder. Then, when it is time for homework after dinner all the needed pencils, pens, scissors, etc are right here to be used for homework then PUT BACK :), the lunch board is a plan for the week (I am going to make magnets that have their choices on them) so on Saturday they will plan their lunches for the week then all we have to do in the morning is pack what was already planned on. Hopefully, this will keep our school year nicely organized. What tips do you have for school success???

5 comments:

Katie said...

That is seriously awesome. Will you please come and organize/decorate my house for me.

Christine said...

Wow! This is great!

MALaurie said...

OMG! That is the coolest, Greatest thing I have seen a while! You truely have made School Cool! I hope when My daughter is in school I can make it that interesting for her too! Thanks for posting the great ideas and Cuteness! Hope you all have a great School year!

Emma said...

pure. genius. love this!!

Kelli said...

love this!