Friday, April 22, 2011

A spring project

I think that everyone's Spring decor should include a birdhouse :) And since the Easter Bunny brought be a gift card to Hobby Lobby (my new favorite obsession), I thought I would share :)


I started with spray primer on the plain wooden birdhouse and, of all things, a plain wooden candlestick


Next I painted with some apple green and magnolia white


Next comes the modge podge and coordinating scrapbook papers - you can't really see it to well, but the paper on the roof is covered in cute little birds :)


Ta Da! A few finishing touches with some Spanish Moss, sequined small flowers, and some wood glue to turn the candlestick into a stand.
Sometimes I struggle to really like the things that I make, but this one turned out just as I wanted it to :)

5 comments:

Karishma said...

very pretty!! the birds will love to visit this bird house. :P

Christine said...

That turned out so cute! I swear I just tossed out all my birdhouses and here they are, back in style again.

De. M. Juarez said...

i love it ♥
really cute C:

Unknown said...

awesome birdhouse!

Lunettes de soleil Fendi said...

vous fashion.thank pour le partage