Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So if you follow any crafty DIY blogs then I am sure you have seen some fantastic furniture refurbishes. I have seen dressers, bed frames, chairs, cribs, dining tables, coffee tables, etc, etc, redone in all varieties of colors and finishes . . . .and I have always wanted to try it :)

Just recently Matt and I were gifted a nice black bed frame. We have never had matching furniture in our room, but we did have 2 old very dirty dressers sitting in the garage and basement. With Matt being home this week we (by that I mean mostly he :) got to work revamping those old gross dressers into some fantastic nightstands!

I forgot to take a picture of the dresser intact in its original state, but this give you the general idea . . . .it was pretty bad! This particular dresser has been sitting in our garage for about 3 years!
The sanding began on the drawers
And the old molding around the bottom was removed

New molding was applied
Then the painting began :)
TWINS :)
The star pulls we found at Hobby Lobby and the damask vinyl cutout we found at Rod Works
- hands down by 2 favorite stores!
I love them :)
Next project . . . .the entertainment center . . . . .

2 comments:

Christine said...

Very nice. One thought, you might want to get glass for the tops to prevent ruining your nice finish

Emma said...

Nice Job! They look great!