Thursday, February 9, 2012

A fun little bathroom project

I LOVE my new project (this does not happen all that often)!

I started with an old window that I found at a large 'antiques' store

Let's just say that it had definitely been collecting lots of dirt and junk for lots of years :/ I spent lots of time scrubbing it up and removing all the old caulk around the window panes.

Next I put the window panes back (and learned how to use the handy caulk gun) :)

Then I applied all the vinyl to the window panes that I made on my Silhouette cutter

It is going to hand on a big empty wall space in the kids/hall bathroom. I would have taken a lovely picture of it hanging on the wall, but it is really heavy and I need to go buy some heavy duty hanging gear so this is as good as it gets for tonight :) I really like that you can still see the worn areas in the wood frame. I think its kind of fun to imagine who has been looking through this window or where it has been . . . .

3 comments:

Christine said...

That is so cute! What a fun idea.

Genevre said...

Very cute. Please post again with little picures of your babies! My boys miss them so much!

JOURNAL27 said...

you great.