Thursday, April 5, 2012

I think we are ready!!

I am soooo excited I can hardly stand it. Finally, the day is almost here when we are going to wake up the kids and surprise them with a Disneyland trip. I have been secretly and covertly crafting away with all sorts of little projects for the trip, so I thought I would share :)


These are pajamas. This is the fabric that the pants are made out of and there is just a plain colored Tshirt rolled up inside.

Everyone gets a shirt - not a great picture, but you get the point. I love having a machine that will cut out the fabric for the Mickey head! And Hailey's gets a little minni mouse bow :)

Obviously I did not make these but Hobby Lobby had these great little activity books for $1!

I made bracelets for each of the kids that have our cell phone number in it that they can wear while we are in the park. I am kind of paranoid about losing a kid :)

Another great use for small 'wedding' bubbles - each kid has a bag of bubble tubes to use while we wait in lines.

lanyards for each of the kids that they can attach pins to and keep their fastpass tickets tucked into.

These are mini-M&M tubes that I covered with Mickey paper and inside they are filled with pennies for the fountains and pressed penny machines - this way they don't have to keep asking me for change every time they want some :)

We will be renting a stroller and since I am sure LOTS and LOTS of other people will to I made this little tag to tie to ours so that we can pick it out in a crowd after getting off a ride.

These little things I made starting with a washcloth. I just folded up the end and sewed some lines to make the pockets and then add some cute ribbons. Everyone gets one to keep their toothbrush and such in

Here are some autograph books for each of the kids, with attached pens.
I love this idea - started with an altoid tin, which conviently is the exact same size as new crayons, then I made a little pocket inside and cut up some cardstock for little pieces of paper, then just covered the lid with more scrapbook paper

The company that we booked our hotel and park package through sent us these great little sinch top backpacks for the kids so I am loading them up with all the surprise stuff, then when we get to the hotel I am going to sneak up to the room before everyone else and put them on their pillows and put the signs (see the next pic) on the outside of our room door :)


I feel sooo blessed to be able to make this trip. So many things have fallen into place and I just feel so grateful. Wish me luck so I don't loose a kid or something in the happiest place on earth!

7 comments:

Kristalyn said...

Great ideas. I think I may pinterest this post. LOL All of your planning is going to make your trip all that much better. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Look at you being so crafty and creative! I'm jealous of your trip-- I love Disneyland! And... you have a Silhouette-- I may have to employ you for my next project. --Ally Lott

Bonnie said...

Megan you are so creative. Love all of these ideas, but the washcloth roll is something I have never seen before and it's genius. Have a great time.

Genevre said...

Looks like you are very ready-- remember to put your cellphone on high volume- we hardly hear ours ring when we were there...just in case your kids do need to use those braclets. Don't worry you have 4 kids- you and Matt have 4 arms- it will be okay.

Christine said...

So Fun, you really knocked yourself out! Wish I were tagging along! I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all the stories.

Emma said...

how fun! I wish I could be there when you tell the kids, lots of screaming, tears, and giggling will ensue I am sure. What a fabulous time you will have!!

wedding dresses said...

Bridal market has concluded in New York and everyone wedding dress stores. There will be plenty of other fabulous new wedding apparel is excited to find out what the big trends will be for bridal fashion in 2012! cheap wedding dresses A key trend from the Spring 2012 collections discount costumes which were just debuted is wedding gowns with ornately embellished skirts. occasion dresses learn more about this gorgeous trend, and get inspired for your 2012 wedding! cosplay costumes There will be plenty of other fabulous new lolita dress Big skirts are definitely in for 2012! womens clothing stores Many of the most striking wedding gowns which were shown at New York bridal market featured skirts which were not only voluminous, discount wedding dresses but which also had very heavy embellishments.