Saturday, May 4, 2013

13!

13 . . . . . . .


13 . . . . . .


13 is exactly the number of school days left for my kids!  I know there are some moms out there who cry when their kids ride away on the school bus, who can't wait until summer break so that their kids can be at home with them every day all day, who really do struggle with separation anxiety.

But let's just face the facts . . . .I am just not one of those moms!

Don't get me wrong - I love each and everyone of of my little people.  I love doing fun things together, working together, and all the things that families do together.  But I also love those few precious moments in the middle of the day when the older ones are at school and the younger ones are napping and I can eat my lunch in peace and even have a little treat without having the hide in my closet so I don't have to share :)  I am fully ready to admit that sending my kids to school from 8-3:30 makes me a much better mom from 3:30-bedtime.

That being said .  .  .  I have a plan!

I have planned something fun, or a little project to do, everyday of summer break!  Many of them are fun things that cost nothing, like playing in the sprinklers or making cookies for our local cops, and going to our local library every other Monday, and some are bigger activities.  Here is a peek:

May

  • build a big blanket fort - perhaps incorporating twinkly christmas lights and snacks
  • Geocaching - this is apparently a really big thing around here with lots of beginner/easy hikes and searches so I think we will give this a try
  • lots of movie theme dinners (like trying out gumbo and beignets while watching Princess and the Frog)
  • bike rides
  • Zoo visit (totally pays off to get the yearly membership)
  • Denver Chalk Art Festival

June

  • Swimming at the Funplex
  • Summer Movie Clubhouse shows - there are lots of good kids movies on the schedule this year and you can't beat $1 per person at the theater
  • fishing
  • Windsor Lake
  • camping
  • Giant bubbles
  • Cherry Blossom Festival
  • Train museum
  • Make tie-dye t-shirts

July

  • Nature and science Museum
  • Denver art museum
  • The farm @ Lee Martinex Park - this is a fully functioning farm that people can come visit and interact
  • bowling - we found a place close by that they kids can bowl 1 free game every day during the summer break
  • PVC pipe bow and arrows in the backyard
  • Frontier Days in Cheyenne
  • Buffalo Bill days
  • Chinese Dragon Boat races in Denver

August

  • Lots of birthday parties this month!
  • swimming 
  • farmers markets
  • library
  • Back to school shopping - my personal favorite LOL

Hopefully we will stay busy and happy and summer break will be full of laughs and fun.  Stay tuned to the blog for pics and updates!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice ρost. I used to be checking constantly thіs blog and
Ι am impгesѕed! Very useful infоrmаtiοn pаrticularly the laѕt sесtion :) I hanԁle suсh
information muсh. I used to be looking foг this cеrtain info for a very long tіme.
Thаnks and best of luck.

Τake a lοok at my wеb-site - v2 cigs

Emma said...

I think anonymous is a crack-head. Anyway, I think these look like great ideas. Better to be prepared for the summer than to dread it. These will make for great memories!

Anonymous said...

This scan resource package deal costs about $a hundred and fifty.
For occasion, code 55 will be 5 flashes, a limited pause, and five additional
flashes.

Here is my blog ... http://www.heroesripple.org/

Unknown said...

I miss your Summer planning :(

Тайленд said...

КЛассные фотки

Тайленд said...

КЛассные фотки

Тайленд said...

КЛассные фотки